OPTIMUS MOD KIT for HORI FIGHTING STICK ALPHA PS VERSION
NOTE: The FSA is by default is PS5 ready. Switching over to the Optimus Mod with Brook UFB does not add PS5 compatibility without the addition of the UP5 (this is available as an accessory below).
To replace the controller's stock PCB easily with Brook's lineup of Fighting Boards for better performance as well as expanding functionality (universal) for other modern or retro systems. Also to replace a non-functional PCB. Arcade controller manufacturers sometimes to do not offer replacement pcbs.
Why would I need the Optimus Mod Kit and not just hook up the Brook Fighting Board directly?
For custom builds where you have control over all of the functionality, hooking up a Brook Fighting Board is easy and a kit, such as the Optimus Mod Kit is not required. For commercial arcade controllers where you want to keep the look and functionality of the various features, the Optimus Mod Kit assists with this by using our custom breakout board(s) and cable kits to allow you to mod by simply plugging in same and replacing pcbs. There are no soldering or cutting wires involved. What this means for you is saving time, up to 80% less modding time as everything is provided and the instructions on how to install the board is laid out.
In a Optimus Mod Kit, you get the breakout pcb and accessories to connect to Brook Universal Fighting Board (or one of their other boards)
What is the advantage then for an Optimus Mod with Brook UFB (or dual mod w/ Brook Retro Board)?
Speed, performance, universal system compatibility. Brook Fighting Boards have been known to have the lowest latency on the market. In addition, the UFB provides additional support for other systems, such as the Xbox 360/One/X/Switch/WIIU and of course, PC Support
OPTIMUS - The shortest path isn't the fastest, the fastest path is the shortest, it's a law of the universe, optimized
Designed and engineered in-house by Angry Goat exclusively for ARCADE SHOCK
A New Generation
Before there was OPTIMUS MODs, we had partnered up with Jasens Customs for a series of EZ MOD Kits for a variety of arcade controllers. To this day, these kits work well and we still offer them. The EZ MOD architecture was made for the latest technology at the time and the Brook Retro Board was not available at the time and some of the functions on certain controllers were not fully optimized
What is an OPTIMUS MOD?
OPTIMUS MODs are our solution to the easiest possible pcb modding using the Brook Fighting Board PCB's which are considered the fastest on the market. This is the next generation of easy modding kits. Each OPTIMUS MOD is system specific, which means it's optimized to fit, work and provide the shortest modding time possible for each controller
Mod Like a Pro in a short period of time
To integrate a Brook Fighting Board PCB into commercial arcade sticks is a challenge, even for the most seasoned modders. This requires not only an understanding of the physical and signal directional properties, but also the time requirement of making custom cables and planning board placement. What the Optimus accomplishes is cutting down your modding time from 5 hours or more down to under an hour
- Optimize function capabilities of your controller (Maximizes what the Brook UFB and/or Retro Board's capabilities)
- Built-in SOCD Cleaner for the Brook Retro Board
- Choose your PCB - Compatible with the Brook UFB, Brook Wireless (needs minor adjustment), Brook Fighting Board Plus, Brook Retro Board
- Single Modding- Mod Easy with any one of the boards above
- Dual Modding - Mod Easy with the ultimate setup. Choose a current/next generation Brook Fighting Board and combine it with the Brook Retro Board for gaming across many generations
For the Retro Mod, you will need to have a Neutrik Ethercon RJ45 Module installed. Be sure to pick one of these up with the Neutrik Gasket and the associated Retro Custom cables for the system of your choosing. Also be aware that if you'd like to update the Retro Board with future firmware updates, the RJ45 to USB cable is required
CHOOSE YOUR CONFIGURATION (Please read the details before making your purchase)
- Use your own Brook UFB with pre-soldered connectors - CHOOSE OPTIMUS Kit only (Includes cables for both single and dual mod)
- OPTIMUS Kit + Brook Universal Fighting Board with pre-soldered connectors (Choose this if you do not plan on doing a dual mod with the Brook Retro Board in the future and do NOT have a Brook UFB already)
OPTIMUS Kit with Brook UFB + Custom Retro Board (Choose this if you want the ultimate controller that will allow you to play on the modern and retro system)
- IMPORTANT REQUIRED ACCESSORY (if you don't have one already): 20-pin Harness. Why is this not included? We have sold over ten thousand of these harnesses over the years and it's possible that you may already have one and not need to purchase another one
Additional Accessories Required (for the following conditions):
- Hex Stand-Offs x 2 (For Dual UFB + Retro Board Mod)
- Neutrik Ethercon NE8FDP Jack (For Dual UFB + Retro Board Mod)
- Custom Retro Cables (At least RJ45 to USB Required + whatever Retro Systems you want to use it for)
- Headphone Cable (if you are using this with the Brook with Audio Board)
Quick Link: https://tinyurl.com/OPTIMUSFSAPS5