BROOK RETRO BOARD (NES | SNES | GC | Xbox | DC | TG16 | PS1 | PS2 | PS3 | PC)
FIRMWARE UPDATE 09/16/2020: Version 1.2 (Version 1.3 - Same Link as V1.2)
- This firmware fixes a few issues, one being the "run" mode in Super Mario (or other games that would use this feature) where you had to hold down the "A" button, which now works without being timed out.
- Gamecube controllers can now work on the WII/WIIU
- Version 1.3 (Fixes the Button Layout of the default NES)
For many years, we have been working closely with Brook on numerous projects. The first was with Jasen's Customs on the Brook Universal Fighting Board, back in 2015. On the immediate release of the Brook Universal Fighting Board, the response was tremendous as it was a break through with next generation systems, something that was once thought could not be accomplished.
Brook's Universal Fighting Board covered the PS3 - PS4 - Xbox 360 - Xbox One - PC - WIIU and Switch, which is a lot of systems. This though, leaves the void for the older systems that Brook did not focus on. For the past few years, we and Jasen's Customs have been working with Brook on developing just that.
Multi Retro Console Support
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Super NES
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Microsoft Xbox (Original)
- Sega Saturn
- Sega Dreamcast
- NEC PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16
- Sony Playstation
- Sony Playstation 2
- Sony Playstation 3
- Windows PC (Must be connected via RJ45 from the Retro Board to Neutrik RJ45 Ethercon Adapter - then from RJ45 to USB Cable)
Optional Console Cables
- Akishop Customs RJ45 to Sega Dreamcast
- Akishop Customs RJ45 to Sony PS / PS2
- Akishop Customs RJ45 to USB (for PS3)
- Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo Gamecube, Sega Saturn, NEC PC Engine
- Original Xbox Adapter
Dual Mod Support
- Combine with the Brook UFB in 2 different layout configuration - either side by side with the 20-pin Multiplier or the custom stacked version
- Use a single cable out and toggle between the Brook UFB or the Brook Retro Board using variation button combinations. With all other retro boards on the market, to combine with a Brook UFB requires either physical switch and/or a dual USB out, one for the UFB, one for the retro board, which requires more cost, more mod time and clutter inside
- 20-pin Multiplier Kit for Dual Modding the Brook UFB and Retro Boards using a single output jack (the RJ45 cables are interchangeable for the system you choose)
- With Brook's amazing customer support, if an update is needed, it is easily done by following minimal steps
- Continuing our philosophy, we made sure that installation for the Brook Retro is as easy as the Brook UFB by pre-soldering the main connectors beforehand, saving you time to work on other parts of your mod
- When the Brook UFB was in production, the main thing we kept emphasizing was the response time. A slow or high latency board to us and you the player, is no good and effects your gaming experience. We want super low numbers, less latency (lag) and from our tests, how about zero lag? It doesn't get any better than this
- AS Quick Connect 20-pin Harness for Fight Sticks
- Neutrik NE8FDP Ethercon RJ45 Panel Mount
- Neutrik SCDP Rubber Sealing Gasket for D-Size Chassis Connectors
- 4-Pin L3 / R3 / Touchpad (Click) Harness for Brook UFB .110 female
While there are other boards on the market that offers retro system compatibility, the time it takes to do the mod install is well over and hour for seasoned modders. For those who aren't as familiar, this could take over two hours. To simply put it, that's too much in our opinion.
Akishop's PS360+ board was the exception for easy installation, but ever since they ceased production back in 2015, there was a void that accomplished this feat.
The initial planning stages for this board happened almost 2 years ago as we set the ball in motion. We had many discussions with Brook and since we have worked on many other projects with Jasen's Customs over the years, this project was a combined effort between the three companies, Brook, Jasen's Customs and Arcadeshock.