Hori VLX EZ MOD Kit
This System replaces the stock Hori PS3/PS4 PCB. The main board is a “dumb board” meaning it just routes signals such as buttons and USB to specific spots for use with another “smart board”, in this case the Brook Universal Fighting Board. It physically takes the place of the stock board in your Hori VLX PS4 stick so that all stock cabling can be directly connected without damage or permanent modification. This keeps the value of the stick high since you can easily and quickly revert it to completely stock if you decide to resell it.
Once the VLX UPGRADE board has been installed, a Brook Universal Fighting Board can be installed on top turning your VLX into a PC/PS3/PS4/XBOX 360/XBOX ONE compatible Arcade Stick. The two mate together easily using a combination of the male pin headers on the Upgrade Board and the female headers (provided with the kit for easy soldering) on the Brook Universal Fighting Board. There are three cables (provided with the kit) that you install between the two boards as well that connect additional signals.
Once installed everything on the stick works stock with the following caveats:
- RS. DP/LS function properly with the switch on the VLX. The stock HORI PCB handles the RS signal differently than the Brook UFB so that position results in DP mode.
- Turbo. Again, the HORI PCB handles the signal differently than the Brook UFB so Turbo has been omitted.
- Touchpad Tracking: Requires a software update from Brook. Coming soon.
- This board is compatible with the VLX Kuro Premium and the VLX Hayabusa Premium versions.
This kit includes the following:
- Jasen's Customs VLX Upgrade Board
- 20P Female Connector (Requires Soldering to the bottom of the Brook UFB)
- 2x 4P Female Connectors (Requires soldering to the bottom of the Brook UFB)
- 2x Board Spacers
- 4x 4-40 Screws
- 2x 5 Pin JST Connectors to be soldered to the Brook UFB to J2 and J5 (Facing Outwards)
- 1x 4 Pin JST Connector to be soldered to the Brook UFB to J4 (Facing Outwards)
- 3x Interconnect cables